Hon. Mr. Mangaliso Nqobizitha Ndhlovu
Ministry of Industry and Commerce, Government of Zimbabwe
Industry / Sector
Agriculture & Allied Services, Consultancy, Defence, Education & Skill Development, Financial Services, Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, Information and Communication Technology, Infrastructure, Logistics, Manufacturing, Mining, Power & Energy, Trade
Minister of Industry and Commerce
• Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) Degree in Business Management Studies majoring in Finance – Midlands State University (Gweru, Zimbabwe)
• Master of Science (MSc) Degree in Finance and Investment – National University of Science & Technology (Bulawayo, Zimbabwe)
• Current Studies – Master of Commerce (MCom) in Development Finance with the University of Cape Town (South Africa)
2) Career Profile:
• Sep. 2018 – Present : Minister of Industry and Commerce
• Aug. 2018 – Present : Member of Parliament, Bulilima East Constituency, Matebelenad North Province, Zimbabwe
• Former Lecturer, Department of Accounting & Finance, Lupane State University, Zimbabwe
• Jan. 2013-Jun. 2018 : Regional Manager of the National Indigenisation and Economic Empowerment Board (NIEEB)
• To see industry, particularly the manufacturing sector, propelling Zimbabwe to its rightful destination of prosperity as an Upper Middle Income Economy by 2030.
• Identifies with Zimbabwe’s economic thrust and focus as set out in the new blueprint, the Transitional Stabilisation Programme (TSP).
Promote and develop industrialisation and entrepreneurship;
Formulate and implement industrial policies and strategies for industrial and commercial growth;
Formulate and implement trade policies and strategies for export promotion ;
Promote, maintain and expand mutually advantageous trade and trade relations with foreign countries and businesses;
Formulate and implement strategies to promote fair competition and consumer protection;
Formulate and implement quality standards policies;
Monitor the operations of parastatals, state enterprises and grant aided institutions under the Ministry.